For many car owners, the need to insure your car with an ideal cover has a lot of advantages. Despite this fact, in Texas, auto insurance is mandatory. Finding the ideal insurance company, therefore, should be an important priority for you. In Texas, there are a number of auto insurance companies. However, it is important to compare quotes from different providers to choose the best company that suits your needs. The stakes involved in car insurance are very high and taking time to pick out an ideal cover from a good insurance provider in Texas is highly encouraged.
Mandatory requirements for car insurance in Texas
The main requirements for you to get an insurance cover in Texas are very easy to meet. To start with, for you to get cover from some of the top Texas car insurance companies, it is important to prove your financial responsibility. In other words, you should demonstrate that you will be responsible in paying the premiums needed for the cover you choose for your car. The best way to do this is to purchase an auto liability policy but there is still a diversity of options that you can still use. Secondly, the lowest Texas requirements for liability coverage are 30/60/25. This means you can get a minimum of $30,000 per person in injuries sustained in a single accident, $60,000 total per accident and a minimum of $25,000 for property damage.
Top Texas Car Insurance Companies
- State Farm Insurance: With a 29% share of the market, state farm is one of the leading insurance providers in Texas. The company has written premiums of up to $1.6 billion and it is the ideal auto insurance provider in the market.
- Farmers Insurance Exchange: The Farmers Insurance Exchange is the second most popular insurance company. Despite the fact that it holds 3.77% of the market, the company’s low premiums have attracted a good number of middle income car owners. The firm has written premiums of up to $220 million.
- Nationwide Lloyds: With a written premium amount of up to 200 million dollars, Nationwide Lloyds is also known to resolve complaints faster. The company payout rate is also above average and ranks high among the top insurance providers in Texas.
- GEICO Car Insurance: GEICO is one of the most affordable providers in the state. The cost of premiums relative to other top entities is less and despite that fact, the company controls 4.2% of the market according to the Texas insurance department.
- Allstate Insurance: The Company is also a leading provider with over $200 million of written premiums. The company’s premiums are relatively low and the complaints ratio is above average.
- Progressive Insurance: The Company is one of the top private passenger auto insurance cover provider. Progressive controls at least 4.5% of the market and has a written premium value of up to $1.1 billion dollars.
Although finding the best Texas auto insurance companies takes time and effort, the options available are very good. Please take your time to compare different quotes from different companies at Texascarinsurancerates.net to choose the best cover.